#9458, (June 1885-11 April 1918)
|Birth*||JUN 1885 ||Samuel Martin was born in JUN 1885 at Wombwell, Barnsley, Yorkshire, EnglandG.2 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||He lived with Thomas Martin and Sarah Elizabeth Charlesworth at 59 Milton Street, Wombwell, Barnsley, Yorkshire, EnglandG, together with Alma Mary Martin, Mary Ann Martin and John Martin.3 |
|Marriage*||27 MAR 1905 ||Samuel Martin married Henrietta Ethel Brown on 27 MAR 1905 at Mexborough, Yorkshire, EnglandG.4 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||Samuel Martin was employed as Coal Miner.5 |
|Milit-Beg*||1 DEC 1914 ||He began military service on 1 DEC 1914 at Pontefract, Yorkshire, EnglandG.6 |
|Death*||11 APR 1918 ||He died on 11 APR 1918 at FranceG aged 32.7 |
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, date & place.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Sheffield, Yorks., Apr-Jun 1885, vol 9c 516.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Henrietta Ethel Brown & Samuel Martin, Doncaster, Yorks., Jan-Mar 1905, vol 9c 888.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S77] British Army records, 31357, Martin Samuel, Pte. Yorks & Lancs Regt., then East Yorks Regt., WW1 Service records.
- [S77] British Army records, 17544 & 31357, Martin Samuel, Pte. missing in action on this date, assumed to have died. 7th Sherwood Foresters.
- [S77] British Army records, on father's WW1 records.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016