Joseph William Craythorne1
#11036, (3 October 1892-4 September 1916)
|Birth*||3 OCT 1892 ||Joseph William Craythorne was born on 3 OCT 1892 at Great Easton, Leicestershire, EnglandG.3 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||He was employed as Farm labourer.2 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||He lived with William Craythorne and Sarah Jane Perkins at Great Easton, LeicestershireG, together with Florence May Craythorne, Albert Richard Craythorne and Hilda May Craythorne.2 |
|Milit-Beg*||1914 ||Joseph William Craythorne began military service in 1914 at Peterborough, Northamptonshire, EnglandG.4 |
|Marriage*||JAN 1916 ||He married Amelia Perkins, daughter of George William Perkins and Louisa Jane Claypole, in JAN 1916 at St John the Baptist Church, Harringworth, Northamptonshire, EnglandG.1 |
|Death*||4 SEP 1916 ||Joseph William Craythorne died on 4 SEP 1916 at killed in action, Somme, Picardie, FranceG, aged 23.5 |
|Burial*|| ||He was buried at Ovillers Military Cemetery, Ovillers-la-Boisselle, Somme, Picardie, FranceG.5 |
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Amelia Perkins & Joseph W Craythorne, Uppingham, Rutland, Jan-Mar 1916, vol 7a 643.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Uppingham, Rutland, Oct-Dec 1892, vol 7a 325.
- [S77] British Army records, S/11636 Pt Joseph William Craythorn, 1st Btn, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders).
- [S28] Monumental inscription, Private, 1st Battalion, Black Watch (Royal Highlanders). Age: 23. Son of William and Martha Craythorne, of Great Easton, Market Harborough, Leicestershire; husband of Amelia Craythorne, of Great Easton, Market Harborough.
- [S77] British Army records.
- [S124] 1939 register, date & place.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016