George Ernest Lawton1
#3784, (7 June 1881-27 May 1918)
|Birth*||7 JUN 1881 ||George Ernest Lawton was born on 7 JUN 1881 at Oulton, Yorkshire, EnglandG.1,2 |
|Baptism||19 SEP 1881 ||He was baptized on 19 SEP 1881 at Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Halten, Yorkshire, EnglandG.3 |
|Residence*||JUN 1908 ||He lived at 26 Hawthorn View, Leeds, Yorkshire, EnglandG.4 |
|Employment*||JUN 1908 ||He was employed as Postman.4 |
|Marriage*||3 JUN 1908 ||He married Ann Elizabeth Todd, daughter of Herbert Todd and Annie Lodge, on 3 JUN 1908 at Roundhay Road United Methodist Church, Leeds, Yorkshire, EnglandG, witnessed by Victoria Lucy Todd.5,6 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||George Ernest Lawton and Ann Elizabeth Todd lived at 22 Methley Place, Chapel Allerton, Leeds, Yorkshire, EnglandG, together with Hilda Lawton.7 |
|Milit-End*||27 MAY 1918 ||George Ernest Lawton ended military service on 27 MAY 1918 at Picardie, FranceG.8,9 |
|Death*||27 MAY 1918 ||He died on 27 MAY 1918 at PicardieG aged 36.9 |
|Burial*|| ||He was buried at Soissons Memorail, Soissons, Departement de l'Aisne, Picardie, FranceG.10 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Hunslet, Yorks., Jul-Sep 1881, vol 9b 313.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt; George Ernest Lawton, father Sam, mother Emma; Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Halton, no. 123.
- [S48] Parish Register, birth & bapt; George Ernest Lawton, father Sam, mother Emma; Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Halton, no. 123 , p 35.
- [S48] Parish Register, on marriage record.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Ann Elizabeth Todd, 26, father Herbert, & George Ernest Lawson, 26, father Sam; Roundhay Road United Methodist Church, Leeds, no 42, p 21.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; George Ernest Lawton & Ann Elizabeth Todd, Leeds, Yorks., Apr-Jun 1908, vol 9b 1170.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, Lawton, Pte., Geroge Ernest 260043, 1st/5th Bn. Northumberland Fuseliers, age 36.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, date & place, killed in France. probate to widow.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, Memorial inscription, final resting place unknown, #56066238.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, age & birthplace.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016