Ernest George Titchener1
#272, (26 August 1889-7 December 1961)
|Birth*||26 AUG 1889 ||Ernest George Titchener was born on 26 AUG 1889 at Streatham, Surrey, EnglandG.1,2 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||He lived with Mary Crockford at 1 Orchard Place, Streatham, Surrey, EnglandG, together with Anne Stacey, John Henry Titchener and Henry John Titchener.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||Ernest George Titchener lived with Anne Stacey at Holly Cottages, Chelsfield, Kent, EnglandG, together with John Henry Titchener and Mary Crockford Titchener.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||Ernest George Titchener lived with Anne Stacey at Holly Bush Lane, Chelsfield, Kent, EnglandG, together with Emma Matilda Knight and John Henry Titchener.5 |
|Occupation||2 APR 1911 ||The occupation of Ernest George Titchener was 'Correspondence Clerk, Missionary Society.5' |
|Marriage*||11 AUG 1914 ||He married Emma Matilda Knight on 11 AUG 1914 at Wesleyan Methodist Church, Canterbury Street, Gillingham, Kent, EnglandG.6,7 |
|Note*|| ||Ernest George Titchener and Emma Matilda Knight had two adopted children, Kathleen & Wilfred.8 |
|Occupation*||29 SEP 1939 ||The occupation of Ernest George Titchener was 'Financial Secretary to Methodist Missionary Society, Overseas Department.9' |
|Residence||29 SEP 1939 ||He and Emma Matilda Knight lived at 28 Bourdon Road, Penge, Kent, EnglandG.9 |
|Residence*||1960 ||Ernest George Titchener and Emma Matilda Knight lived at 17 Grovener Road, West Wickham, Kent, EnglandG.10 |
|Death*||7 DEC 1961 ||Ernest George Titchener died on 7 DEC 1961 at Beckenham Hospital, Bromley, Kent, EnglandG, aged 72.11,12 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Wandsworth, London, Oct-Dec 1889, vol 1d 760.
- [S5] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1959 Notebook, Ern Titchener.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, Head of household; age 78.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Ernest George Titchener, 24, father Henry (dec), & Emma Matilda Knight, 24, father Thomas Alfred, Wesleyan Methodist Church, Gillingham, no 26, p 13.
- [S17] BMD indices, Medway, Kent, Jul-Sep 1914, vol 2a 1747.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from 'Notes on the Jefferies Tree by FWJ, 1985.
- [S124] 1939 register.
- [S56] Phone directory, British Phone Book, Aug 1860, Kent/Surrey p8321.
- [S17] BMD indices, Bromley, Kent, Oct-Dec 1961, vol 5b 126.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, probate to Emma Matilda Titchener, widow.
- [S124] 1939 register, name & date of birth for Kathleen.
- [S124] 1939 register, name & date of birth for Wilfred.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016